The holidays are approaching; it is a time when many gather with family and friends to celebrate. It is also a time to give and receive.
Holiday shopping is almost done, and all we are missing is wrapping the gift and cleaning the house. We highly recommend getting it done this weekend if you’re not there yet. We came up with a cleaning schedule to help get your home cleaned before the Holidays. Gather your family members, assign rooms, chores, or areas to clean. Print and give them the to-do list so everyone knows what to do. Ready. Set. GO!
Monday, December 20th
Let’s start by doing our laundry. As most of us have a washing machine at home, we can do laundry all week if needed.
- Starting today, let’s keep it as one wash a day, so we can make sure to fold everything after it dries.
- While cleaning laundry, we can start cleaning windows, dusting window frames, and removing smooches of glass with glass cleaner.
- Don’t forget to clean the glass doors.
Tuesday, December 21st
Today might be a long day as it depends on how organized your home is and who will help get things done. Don’t forget to put another wash in the laundry.
- Start by organizing bedrooms. Have your kids pick up toys and bring laundry to the laundry room.
- Make sure you clean your doors, doorknobs, and light switches.
- After everyone has organized their rooms, move on to the guest room, living room, and dining room.
- If you have extra time, you might want to get a head start on your mudroom.
Like we said before, it might be a long day today, but it’s essential to do things in order.
Wednesday, December 22nd
Now that the house has been organized, it would be a lot easier to dust furniture but before you start, make sure to put another load in your washer.
- Remove any cobwebs from corners and walls.
- Start cleaning from top to bottom.
- Dust fans, light fixtures, and moldings.
- Dust furniture.
- If we have extra time, let’s vacuum all floors and mop to make it easier for the last day of Boot Camp.
Thursday, December 23rd
We are close to our celebrations; it’s time to clean the bathrooms. This might be one of the more challenging areas to clean if it hasn’t been maintained.
- Before we start, don’t forget to put another load to wash, including the bathroom towels.
- Spray the bathtub or shower with your cleaning product from the bottom up. Let’s give your product time to work.
- Start cleaning your toilet. Don’t forget to clean under and behind the toilet, including the floor.
- Let’s spray your sink and prepare water and soap to scrub bathtubs.
- Scrubbing can be tricky. You might want to have a small brush to hit the parts that need extra scrubbing.
- Make sure to rinse and dry all sections of your shower.
- Let’s scrub the sink and wipe down any cabinets or fixtures.
- The last item left to clean should be the mirror, use a glass cleaner and make sure to dry all the way, so no strikes are left.
- Vacuum or sweep floor and mop.
Friday, December 24th
Most of us spend a lot of time in the kitchen during the holidays. Let’s get that done today. We recommend cleaning from top to bottom.
- Wipe down all top cabinets, especially cabinet handles that usually have fingerprints.
- Clean all countertops, make sure to move appliances and any items on the counter to clean behind them.
- Clean microwave interior and out and any other small appliance you might have on your counter.
- Let’s wipe down all the bottom cabinets.
- Now that we are cleaning the bottom cabinets, it allows us to see how clean your counter is at eye level. If you missed a spot, this is the time to correct it.
- Continue cleaning your stovetop and exterior of the range hood.
- If you have any extra time to spend, maybe you can even clean the interior of the range hood, just know that it will take a lot of work if it hasn’t been done in a while.
- Wipe down appliances and polish.
- Lastly, let’s vacuum the floors and mop.
Now you’re ready to start all your cooking. This schedule can be adjusted; some like to start on Sunday to make it easier on Fridays, and others want to keep their Sundays off. Let us know what worked best for you? Leave a comment below. We love your feedback.
When Dust Busters does the cleaning for you, 90% of the above tasks get done by our team in one cleaning. Take advantage of the Dust Busters’ offer and purchase a gift certificate for someone who needs a spotless cleaning this holiday season. Why not even gift yourself with one? Let us take care of your home (or office) while you enjoy your time with your family and friends.